Camper Van Connolly: The Driveway Concerts
Last summer I played shows from DC to Rochester to downeast Maine. Everyone one of them was different, and everyone fun. With my mobile sound system camper I played and DJ’d my way through lighting storms, cicada invasions and a golf ball through the windshield. Solo and band shows were held on lawns, porches, driveways, parapets, in garages, and public parks. The occasions: outdoor house concerts, block parties, birthdays, sword swallowing competitions and mud wrestling after parties.
HOW DRIVEWAY CONCERTS WORK
- Setting: Whatever works for you. If you want to do an outdoor house concert, or if you're having a 'party' and want cool music- I will adapt to either.
- Show Format : typical 2x 50 minute sets with a break in between, or one long set of 90 minutes. Will happily DJ music before and after to create fun atmosphere.
- Fee: $400 guarantee minimum (as and example could be funded by minimum 20 attendees paying $20 ticket)
- Material : I can do my standard singer-songwriter show(all originals), or Mule Variations (cool songs from Pops Staples, Tom Waits, JJ Cale, Van Morrison etc.), or a combination (ie. one set Original, one set Mules). Your choice since you know what would work best.
- Band: available for additional fee (within 120 miles of Boston). Bass, drums and/or electric guitar would be typical additions. This format would work well for a 'party.'
- Gear : I provide a sound system and 'stage' appropriate for setting/space. Volume adjusted as needed. You provide the electricity.
- Typical Outdoor Set Up:front or backyard show with friends/neighbors bringing their own lawn chairs late afternoon, early evening. Time to mingle and hangout before and after.
- Weather: schedules allowing, we agree on rain date (usually next day) and make a mutual decision if weather becomes a factor. If the next day is not available we can reschedule, or cancel if necessary,no worries.
- Miscellaneous: if host has ideas for other shows in the area that is helpful, but not an obligation.
- Contracts: email is fine.